St. Nicholas' Treasure still includes several gifts and precious items offered by Popes, pilgrims, and bishops. The iron crown, decorated with enamels and the gold copper plate decorated with Limonges enamels were offered ex voto by Iugero when he was crowned in Palermo, in 1130. Nonetheless, the Angevines owned the most precious elements kept in the whole hall: the great, gold silver reliquary-Cross with enamels; a reliquary shaped as a small Gothic temple; a crystal candle-holder made of rock and silver filigree. One section of the hall hosts Bohemian crystal ampullas, several of which painted with scenes of St. Nichola's life.
A cura della redazione
Project created in collaboration with InnovaPuglia.